Saturday, April 4, 2009

Niagara Falls~Week One



So, I arrived in Niagara Falls on April Fool's Day, and I must say, it's not what I expected. My lead Bill and I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, and since of course we're doing "new builds" only, we are the only guests staying here! A little creepy at first, but it's cool. The owners greeted us, and they are the sweetest people ever!! I went to the Falls the first night I was here, and I could have literally stayed there alllllll night. The sound of the water is so relaxing! There were so many people out there with coffee or hot cocoa just sitting, talking, and enjoying the sounds of the water. Mind you, it was probably 40 degrees outside!! I can't wait to go during the day so that I can get some great pics, but I've just found out that I'll be working all 12 days that I'm here, so the earliest I will be able to go is at 5 or 6pm.

Food here hasn't impressed me much. One of the ladies in the training class informed me that the mafia was really big in the Falls back in the day, hence why there are so many Italian restarants here. There is literally one on every frickin' block! And I love pizza, but I have yet to find amazing pizza here! Go figure!! I'm very excited to get this show on the road, and learn something new, and I'm so happy that my lead takes his job seriously, is passionate about what he does, and doesn't mind having a shadow! I'm trying to get him to go out and explore a little bit more, because he's fine with going to his room for the rest of the night after training. I want to explore and see what the city has to offer (which here in the Falls isn't much!) It snowed this morning which I thought was awesome, but I'm not prepared for this weather!! My mom bought me the cutest winter coat, and I left it in Miami because it's too bulky and I figured it wouldn't be too cold in April. Boy was I mistaken!! I still have another week to go, so hopefully it warms up a bit so I can spend more time outside!!

2 comments:

  1. We need to get you to a town with good food! The only good food I've had here has been in chain restaurants. Too bad... Food is the most important element of this job!!!

    I miss you, lady! Can't wait to see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have a good Lead and I hope you get to go out and do more and find some yummy food (cause we loveee us some food!)

    ReplyDelete