Saturday, April 11, 2009

So Long Niagara!!




So, technically, this is my last day in Niagara Falls, NY, and I still have yet to get a fabulous picture of the actual Falls. I'm kinda sad for that, but at the same time, I'm ready to go. I went out there a few days ago, and it was sooooooo cold I tought my ears were literally going to crack off! Hopefully, once I become a lead or start doing support, I can come back and hang out a bit more. I heard the Canada side is way better, but I don't have the proper docs to go over there. (I'd hate to get stuck across the border!) This last two weeks have been quite a learning experience, and I can't wait until I'm comfortable enough to be on my own. I really miss my fam and friends, but I'm also actually really enjoying my time alone. I think I get a lot more done, and I focus on what I need, instead of what everyone else needs but for some reason, the last two days, I've spent A LOT of time on the phone. I finally found that authentic NY style pizza I was looking for at Doug's in Downtown Niagara. The Niagara River is also breathtaking! I never realized how much I enjoy being by the water until I came here. Who would've thought!! And to think I live in Miami, and it took Niagara Falls to make me realize something like that!!

I'm really excited to see my "classmates" and see how all their shadows went, but I just realized only 6 of the 12 are returning!! :( Kinda sad, but the show must go on! I also just realized that I arrive at the hotel first tomorrow, I do not get a car, AND it's Easter Sunday, so most everything will be closed!! Looks like packaged food for breakfast, lunch, and dinn tomorrow!! So much for a fabulous Easter dinner!!

1 comment:

  1. I know, how depressing that we're traveling on Easter!!! And the only people not returning are Ryan and Byrd...the rest of us are going to be there, right???

    ReplyDelete