Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back In Maryland! Next up is... Drum Roll Please!!!

It's nice to be back in Maryland, but I'm definitely looking forward to going home next Friday! I just found out that my next site is in Bellevue, NE... YUP! That's right.. Nebraska! Now, on my own, I would have never ever EVER planned a trip to Nebraska, but I feel that this is what this job is about. This is my adventure, and I plan on experiencing new things; Nebraska included! I feel like I do pretty well getting along with people, so even if I only meet the people at the Candlewood Suites we're opening up, it will be an experience in itself. From what I gathered from my dear friend Google, there are Mormons, and churches in Bellevue... that's 'bout it!! However, it is 8 miles away from Omaha which is Nebraska's biggest city, so I should get a nice little adventure out of that! It also looks like it's a very gorgeous city!

Being in Maryland this time around is a lot more comfortable. Being in Niagara Falls made me appreciate the 8a-5p schedule that I have here, and the downtime. I can also relax in my room, or hang with my classmates. In NY, Bill and I were literally the only two guests staying in the hotel. Maryland just feels a lot more familiar. I missed my crew, and I was glad to come back and hear all their shadow experience stories. Some good, some bad, all necessary! I really am enjoying this new gig so far. It's not at all what I ever expected myself to be doing... installing computer equipment OR traveling, but nonetheless it's so far pretty good. I have been blessed to have very smooth travel plans and sites set up, with a few days off in between. Let's hope it remains that way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment