Monday, March 16, 2009

Realizing How Much I May Like This After All


I have successfully completed one week of training for my new gig with MICROS, and I must say that so far, I think I just may really enjoy this! It's a HUGE lifestyle change, and I do indeed miss my fam and friends, but honestly, I don't feel like I've lived my life to the fullest and I think this job may just help me do that. I spent a LONG time in school, and after I graduated, I had no idea what I was going to do with myself. I love the hospitality business, and I think that I'm pretty good at what I do. So now, with MICROS, I'll be traveling from hotel to hotel and installing an operating system for these different hotels. And all the while, I will be seeing new cities, and hopefully sometime soon; new countries!! I never really traveled much before now, mostly because of school, work, and partly because I was playing "house" in a relationship whose time had run out. I truly would like to embrace this opportunity and use this time to get to know myself... what I like, what I don't, and how I see the next few years of my life. I don't feel very cultured, and I would really like to broaden my horizons (so to speak), and get to know other people and their cities, attractions, and culture. My next stop will be Niagara Falls, NY, and I am ridiculously ecstatic! I also have to get over a fear of planes, but a wise woman once told me to not worry about things I cannot control! So I won't! Wish me luck guys!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...miss positive! You've got it right. This is an adventure. We're traveling on someone else's dime...pretty rare!!!

    ReplyDelete